1. Were chloroplasts observed in the onion cells? Why or why not?
2. Is this statement true or false? “Animal cells have mitochondria; plant cells have
chloroplasts.” Explain your answer.
3. The light microscope used in the lab is not powerful enough to view other organelles
in the cheek cell.
1. What parts of the cell were visible?
2. List 2 organelles that were NOT visible but should have been in the cheek cell.
4. Is the cheek cell a eukaryote or prokaryote? How do you know?
5. Keeping in mind that the mouth is the first site of chemical digestion in a human.
Your saliva starts the process of breaking down the food you eat. With this in mind,
what organelle do you think would be abundant inside the cells of your mouth?