Basic personal information protection policy
About the information gathered from our users and the purposes for which it is used
Profile page creation
We use information provided by users during the registration process (such as name, gender, photo, and birthdate) to create a basic profile page for each user. By using our services, you agree to other users being able to see the information you registered with on your profile page.
Communication between users
Our service provides features such as question submission, answer entry, and answer submission to promote more active communication between users. Using these features allows users to transmit different kinds of information in order to communicate with one another. Information voluntarily entered by the user on pages other than their own profile page can be seen by other users except cases in which optional limits can be enacted. Therefore, if these features are used to publish personal information such as your name or contact information, it is possible trouble may ensue, so please refrain from doing so unless it is unavoidable. Our company bears no responsibility if any problems do occur as a result of such information disclosure. Users are asked to take responsibility for themselves when using these features.
Smooth communication between our company and users
Our company uses the email addresses registered to user accounts as well as device identifiers to communicate when we send out information about our services, other information we think would be useful to users, and our daily "new notification" emails as well as when we decide it necessary to contact a user for whatever reason.
For communication with individuals other than our users
Information such as the name, email address, and photo you registered with as well as device identifiers are used when the a user invites a friend to become a new user of our services through the invitation feature. At that time, your registered face photo will be viewable by the individual you invited through a URL provided in an email sent to invite them.
Statistical information gathered to improve our service
In order to improve the quality of our service, to understand user preferences, and to place advertisements more effectively, our company or a third party that has agreed to a nondisclosure agreement may gather and share statistical information that is created by collectively processing miscellaneous data that cannot be used to identify individuals (such as our access logs and history).
Information voluntarily provided by users
In the course of our services, our company or a third party partner may ask for users to enter personal information as part of a survey or campaign. When asked for information outside the scope of our regular services, deciding whether or not to do so is principally the responsibility of the user. In such situations, personal information entered is used to provide services related to the survey or campaign in question. When this personal information is gathered, it will handled appropriately within the scope of a clearly defined purpose.
There are times other than those listed above that our company may gather personal information through various services. Excluding the usage purposes established above, such personal information will be used for a purpose our company notifies users of or announces according to the method specified by the rules and regulations of said service or according to another method.
When and how personal information is acquired
Our company will only ask users to provide personal information in the following instances:
- When the user is becoming a member or registering for our services
- When the user is creating or editing their profile page
- When the user chooses to enter information while using various features offered by our service
- When the user submits an inquiry to support or responds to employment opportunities
- Other situations in which the user has given their clear consent
Provision of information to third parties
Personal information that has been lawfully and fairly collected in order to run our services will not be provided to any third party (defined as a third party under the Personal Information Protection Act) unless clear consent has been given by the user. However, please be aware in advance that this does not apply in the following situations:
- When our company reasonably judges that disclosure of the information is necessary based on the law
- When disclosure becomes necessary in order to protect a person's life, body, or property and getting consent from the user is judged difficult
- When disclosure particularly necessary in order to improve public health or promote the healthy upbringing of children, and getting consent from the user is judged difficult
- When cooperation with a government institution, local authority, or other individual entrusted with their powers is necessary in order for such institutions to carry our their duties as governed by law and it is judged that gaining the consent of the user may interfere with carrying out said duty.
Exemption from responsibility
Our company bears no responsibility for personal information being acquired by third parties in the following instances:
- When a user has revealed their personal information to another user through one of the features offered by our service or through other means
- When a user is unexpectedly identified due to activity information or other information that has been entered by the user
- When another user has acquired information that allows them to identify individuals
Correction or deletion of personal information
Our company strives to maintain the accuracy of registered personal information. Information entered to create a profile page can always be corrected or deleted by the user at any time through our website. Additionally, when we receive a request from an individual regarding the correction or deletion of other information concerning that individual, we comply as much as possible after promptly checking and confirming that the request is reasonable.
About cookies and links
Personal information management system
Our company has appointed a personal information management representative, and manages personal information in a lawful and fair manner. Additionally, we thoroughly ensure proper handling of personal information during our everyday activities and that the spirit of complying with our policy is felt throughout our company by providing training and education opportunities to our executives and employees.
Chief privacy officer: Goichiro Arai
141-0065 Tamai bldg. 1F 2-9-1 Higashi-yukigaya Ota-ku Tokyo, Japan